Safe Sanctuaries Policy
In order to provide a safe environment for children and youth to grow and learn, all of our programs and classes for children and youth adhere to our Safe Sanctuaries policy. Below are the key principles of Safe Sanctuaries.
- All volunteers who work with children and youth undergo criminal background and child abuse clearances. Clearances are renewed every three years.
- At least two cleared adults are present at all times for every class and program.
- No child, youth or vulnerable adult will be left unsupervised while participating in a ministry activity/event.
- If a child or youth has a need to speak one-on-one with a volunteer, the conversation is held in open view of others.
- All volunteers are at least five years older than the children/youth which they serve.
- All volunteers receive initial and periodic training to ensure knowledge of, and compliance with, our Safe Sanctuaries policy.
- Ministry events involving transportation shall require a written consent form signed by the parent or guardian of the child/youth/vulnerable adult.